Tuesday, December 13, 2011

losing the race

I feel like I am in a race, but everyone is passing me at unimaginable speeds, but no matter how fast i try to go i am stuck in the same spot. Post high school has been really hard for me. Don't get me wrong college is great, but adulthood not so much. I miss the stability i had in high school, same schedule and responsibilities every single day, now my responsibilities sometimes change daily. I had a place that i "fit" in high school, but now i feel completely out of place. I had a best friend in HS who listened to me vent, and talk about none sense and things she didn't understand, but always listened and tried to understand, now we're not in the same place. I miss having someone who will listen because they cared about me as a person and wanted to make sure i was doing okay and not just because they feel obligated. I hate not knowing what i am going to study in college or how i am going to manage college and two jobs. High school was fun and comfortable, now i am completely out of my comfort zone. I've especially had some rough days with my jobs. I don't like being told that I'm mean or that kids hate me it gives me the worst feeling in the world. Sometimes when a kid from my daycare job tells me I'm mean i wonder if this is the right job for me. I just don't like being mean. When i think about school and my jobs and i talk to friends from school i feel like they know what they're doing in life. I, however, have no idea and get left behind. I don't want to lose the race, i don't want to be left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment